20 August 2011

Willingly bound

"10Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
   11Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:
   12Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
   13Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
   14He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
   15Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
   16For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder" Psalms 107:10-16


Thoughts: In life, we get ourselves into situations and places we should never be. Most people blame God for the bad things in life when we position ourselves for these negatives. After looking back over my life, I have realized that the majority of the bad situations I endured were of my own making. God allowed me to go through these tough situations and periods in my life and I always wondered why and frankly at times I blamed God. A few of them were to teach me a lesson and make me grow up. However, most of them were times when I lived outside of God's light because I couldn't face my problem, my issues, or myself. I could have ended any of these situations if I had just cried out to Him, admitted my wrong doing, and accepted His forgiveness or admitted I needed Him to guide me through life's tough areas instead of relying on myself. In being stubborn and/or relying on myself, I lost time with God and delayed blessings e had for me. Thank God for infinite chances.


Prayer: Dear God, thank you for your grace and mercy for your children. We often rely on ourselves instead of you when we should. But thank you God that you are patient with us when we need it and thank you that you love us enough to let us go through but not stay in our mess in life. Lord I thank you for forgiveness and your willingness to pick us up and dust us off when we fall. Lord I pray that everyone connected with my life realize that you are the only Master of our fate because only you can bring us where we need to be. In Jesus's name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for infinite chances... So thankful for this reality. The wages of sin is death. God doesn't have to punish us because the consequences are built in. He's heartbroken that we won't turn and cry out to Him when we're stubborn, but He welcomes us back freely when we lift our eyes and turn our hearts. Stirring word, Shywanda! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete