18 August 2011

Listening for His Voice

"And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." Genesis 22: 18 KJV

Thoughts: Obeying God has been one of the hardest hurdles to jump in my life. Not because I don't want to obey Him, but because He always wants me to do things, be a certain way, or go places I am not ready to move into. I know He only has my best interests in mind so why do I resist? As humans we resist God sometimes because He is pushing us toward a future we feel unprepared for or not ready to face because we feel inadequate. However, He knows what and when is best for us. All my life I have been running away from God or running to Him, depending on the phase I was in. I am finally in a place where running away from Him is not an option and it feels good to know I'm ready for anything He has in mind. In my running to Him I have learned to hear God's voice and follow His direction in my life. This is in no way easier than before, in fact it is sometimes harder. It is one of the sweetest sounds to hear God speaking to you and know that He does everything for us out of love. He can take the worst situation we can put ourselves into and change it to benefit us or teach us a lesson to better us. Yet it all begins with listening to, learning from, and obeying His voice.

Prayer: God, thank you for allowing me to hear your voice. Thank you for always knowing when I need a word from you and using songs I love, people I know and some I don't to speak a word to me. I appreciate that you let me into your intimate circle and love me unconditionally because I know nothing I did or will do can change your love for me. Lord, strengthen me in my walk and help me to know your voice without doubt and yearn after your heart. In Jesus's Holy name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Shywanda. It is a beautiful thing to hear His voice and respond. He loves to speak in a variety of ways too. No matter what we face, He is there and pouring out His love and grace as we follow after Him. Thanks for this great encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome prayer and post. You have an incredible gift to share your heart and it encourages us; your family in Christ. I followed you over from Jason's, I'm sure glad I did.

    Thanks for the uplifting post...

    ReplyDelete