18 August 2011

Family

"14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his spirit in the inner man; 
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19 KJV


Thoughts: I and many have said that we have two families: one we are born into and one we choose. One family can see your flaws and point them out in spite or look and say poor you without offering any constructive help. Yet the other can see your flaws and pray for them in love and offer guidance or simply be there to lift you up when you can't stand for yourself. It is a marvelous feeling to be connected with a family in Christ who can see me for who I am, flaws and all, and love me. So much so, that their love can help me turn my flaws into stepping stones on the path in my journey with God. It is our duty to love one another, not in spite of our flaws but because of them. We, as followers of Christ, are connected to each other to help one another in love as Christ loves us. 

Prayer: Lord, thank you for the people in my life who you sent to me or sent me to for the strengthening of my life and theirs. Thank you that you loved us enough to connect our lives in your kingdom. God I ask that you touch all of us and make us whole in you. I ask that you go out to all those I am connected to and touch them so they have no doubts about who you are in their lives. God I ask that you touch my earthly family and my heavenly family with love, life, happiness, joy and above all peace. I pray that you keep us connected in your love which heals all, restores all, and keeps us all safe. In Jesus's holy name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment