02 September 2011

Where do you dwell?

I took a break from writing this blog for a short while to gather my thoughts. In the interim, I have pondered many things, learned a few things about myself, and listened to God redirecting me. On this side of things, I have found a wonderful Bible passage to stand on, as well as to meditate on. Over the next few days I will be meditating further on Psalms 91 and concentrating on what the Lord is telling us through this chapter.


"1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
2I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler." Psalms 91:1-4


Thoughts: I've read the first verse of the scriture seveal time i nmy life, but somehow I kept missing the message. As I read the entire chapter it finally dawned on me what it all means. To dwell in the secret place of God is to be make the choice every day to be His and to follow His commandments. It is not easy walking in this world and remain apart from it. Yet, it is so much easier to walk when God is walking with you. Dwelling with Him means He is with you always, keeping you safe, sane, happy, uplifted, and on the other end of this, holding you up when you can't hold yourself. Most importantly, dwelling with Him means you are constantly seeking Him. This is important because you will not always feel God and sometimes you can't see Him through all your problems and trial, however if we "diligently seek Him" we will always find Him and be able to dwell in His presence. As a result He will be anything and everything we need.
Prayers: Father, in the name of Jesus I just thank you and praise your name because you know how to keep us on the right path in this life. Lord I thank you for comforting us your children with the knowledge that you will be with us and walk this had life everyday. Thank you for holding onto us in all times and teaching us to seek you in all things. Thank you again for your love, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment