21 May 2014

New Beginnings

In February 2014 I embarked on a new adventure and moved from Juneau, Alaska to Sacramento, California. Anyone who knows me knows that this was common of my nature because I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana and have moved cross country before. This moved was different because I did not know as I know now that it was my last move. My name has two meanings, one is wanderer. This was an accurate description of me as I never had a place I called home before Sacramento. It was a shock to me as much as it was a shock to my family and friends. I never thought I'd find "home" and certainly not in California of all places.

Since landing in this sunny place, my life has dramatically changed because little did I know that God had a huge plan in the works for me. Shortly after the move, I was invited to Family Community Church, a local interdenominational church in the North Highlands area. From the first meeting I was taken aback, stunned, speechless, and totally in love. This church, the members and the pastor are like nothing I've ever seen in my life. To be honest, I have grown up in church and have belonged to several churches in my life and none compare to this one. When you walk in you automatically feel the presence of God and you know you are in a sacred space. I love this feeling and no matter the time of day or reason I am there or on the property, I feel the same rush and feeling of awe. The people are truly a family in every sense of the word and this is why I have found a home. Later posts will reveal more about this awesome house of God, but if you can't wait to find out more, you can go to https://www.familycc.org/. If you haven't guessed, I'm proud to belong to this family. Until next time, be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment